What is the future of bone surgery?
Presented in 2001, the device Piezosurgery revolutionized bone Piezosurgery. It features high precision, safety, ergonomics and high quality.
In 2011, Mectron introduced a new line of devices - Piezosurgery Touch.
Exclusive black touch screen with intuitive interface and a new piezoultrasonic handpiece with rotatable LED illumination brought the device to a completely different quality level. Assess the management of the device's operating modes and irrigation by one touch!
Discover Piezosurgery Touch!
- sinus lift technique – crestal approach
- sinus lift technique – lateral approach
- implant site preparation
- mini dental implant site preparation
- ridge expansion
- corticotomy techniques
- bone block grafting
- bone chip grafting
- bone modeling
- osteotomy close to nerves
- periodontal surgery
- implant cleaning
CLINICAL ADVANTAGES FOR DOCTOR
When you need to cut a bone, of course, you can use traditional tools: burs and saws. They also cut the bone, but are not limited to mineralized tissue: the soft tissues that they encounter on their way will also be cut.
Special ultrasonic microvibrations generated by the Piezosurgery device allow cutting the bone and nothing more. Soft tissues remain intact, which allows you to work with greater accuracy, confidence, less stress and reduce discomfort for the patient.
And if you were looking for a tool that has the utmost precision, great control and minimal stress on both you and the patient - here it is! Piezosurgery Touch!
Piezosurgery Touch allows micrometric cuts to be made with maximum surgical precision and high intraoperative tactile sensation.
Piezosurgery Touch protects soft tissues. Nerves, vessels and membranes will not be injured while cutting bone. Thus, the device provides maximum safety for the surgeon and patient.
Piezosurgery Touch provides maximum intraoperative visibility. The effect of cavitation creates a blood-free surgical site.
- soft tissue will be protected, f.e. in lateral sinus lift surgery the risk of perforation is reduced over 80%
- less swelling after surgery with PIEZOSURGERY
- faster and better osseointegration after implant site preparation with PIEZOSURGERY
- faster and less traumatic post-operative recovery
Comparative studies have demonstrated both the clinical and histological advantages of the PIEZOSURGERY device.
Macrovibrations - bone bur
- limited surgical control
- lack of precision
Macrovibrations - bone saw
- limited surgical control
- lack of precision
Macrovibrations Piezosurgery Touch
Gleizal A, Li S, Pialat JB, Béziat JL.
Transcriptional expression of calvarial bone after treatment with low-intensity ultrasound: An in vitro study.
Ultrasound Med Biol. 2006; 32(10):1569-1574
- exclusive glass touch screen
- easy to clean
- irrigation and power rate chosen by the touch of a finger
Sterile protection foils
The exclusive glass display of the PIEZOSURGERY® touch can be protected with a dedicated, individually packed, sterile transparent foil. Thanks to these invisible shields, no dirt, scratches or fingerprints will affect your glass keyboard.
Flexible handpiece position
- easy to adopt handpiece holder
- 4 positions
Handpiece with LED
- swivel-type LED-light can be directed to the insert tip
- choice between automatic, and permanent light or switched off
Unique handpiece system
- sterilizable, all-in-one LED-handpiece and handpiece cord system
- sterilizable, internal irrigation line, no disposables needed
- new handpiece cord coupling protected against mishandling
- the irrigation system works with cost-effective standard parts
- tube of peristaltic pump is reusable
- standard connections for tubing
- liquid line integrated in handpiece cord
- constant and optimal tuning of insert movement
- automatically detects if more or less power is necessary and adjusts it accordingly
- user intervention is simplified to the push of the foot pedal
Providing the optimal ratio between power and security is one of the key success factors of every surgery. Thanks to its intelligent electronic feedback system the original mectron PIEZOSURGERY® technology provides the maximum of power and achieves perfect cutting efficacy in every situation – for surgeries which are time-efficient, secure and successful.
|Device compliant to Dir. 93/42/CEE:||Class II a|
|Classification as per EN 60601-1:|| I|
Applied part type B (handpiece, insert)
IP 20 (device)
IP X8 (foot pedal)
|Device for intermittent operation:|
60sec. ON - 30sec. OFF with irrigation
Power supply voltage:
100-240 Vac 50/60 Hz
Max. power absorbed:
Type 5 x 20 mm T 2AL, 250V
|Automatic scan |
From 24 KHz to 36 KHz
|ENDO, PERIO, SPECIAL, CANCELLOUS, CORTICAL, IMPLANT|
|Peristaltic pump capacity:||Adjustable on the touch screen:|
ENDO / PERIO - 7 flow levels: from 0 to 6
(from 0 to approximately 75ml/min)
SPECIAL / CANCELLOUS / CORTICAL / IMPLANT
6 capacity levels: from 1 to 6
(from 8 to approximately 75ml/min)
|LED system of the handpiece:|
Light function on AUTO: LED system of the handpieces
|Protections of the APC circuit:|
No handpiece detected
from +10°C to +40°C
|Transport and storage conditions:||from -10°C to +70°C|
Relative humidity from 10% to 90%
Pressure of air P: 500hPa/1060hPa
|Температура хранения:||от -10 C до +70 C|
|Peristaltic pump tube:||не более 8 циклов стерилизации|
|Size (L -W - H):||300 x 250 x 95 mm|
|Warranty:||device 2 years; handpiece and handpiece cord 1 year|
Equipment set BASIC:
- 1 PIEZOSURGERY® touch unit
- 1 LED-handpiece, complete with cord
- 1 torque wrench K8
- 1 suitcase
The ultrasonic tips are not included in the set of the device and are purchased separately.